Baki are the most common enemies in the Drawn to Life series. They wander around, not specifically targeting The Hero. Baki are defeated by jumping on top of them, performing a ground bounce, or by using a weapon.
They are native to the Raposa's land and have been a constant nuisance to them because they always steal food such as Banya crops. Their numbers have been decreasing because of the Shadow enshrouding the land and destroying their huts, forcing the Baki to leave their homes. It is hinted that Raposa may actually eat Baki in the first game, when Chef Cookie makes a remark about the taste of Space Baki. Baki are also known for being quite stupid.
Although their appearances change in different stages of Drawn to Life, they are consistently bipedal, mouse-like creatures that have large completely white eyes. Tending to wear a striped scarf, they may also sometimes wear things on their heads such as buckets, helmets, or leaves. There is even a known variety native to the Galactic Jungle from Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.
- Baki in Drawn to Life can occupy the same space without collision unlike in the sequel.
- Baki, when on a slope, will spawn ~5 pixels over the ground when The Hero approaches their spawning point.
- Baki spawners will only spawn one active Baki at a time, even when The Hero allows the spawner to stay far off-screen.
- "Baki spawners" refers to the uniform point in which Baki spawn when The Hero approaches an area.
- Calling someone a Baki is considered an insult by the Raposa.
- "Mindless Baki, the lot of you!"
- "You stupid Baki!"
- A Raposa also might call another "scaredy-Baki" as opposed to "scaredy-cat".
- "Baki" is similar to the Japanese word "baka" meaning "fool," "stupid," "idiot," etc.
- Baki was the first featured article.
- Baki were mentioned in NavyJ's song in the first game.